Bute (Phenylbutazone) Injection for horses is a sterile pain reliever used to alleviate inflammation due to arthritis, exercise, or infection. Bute can be prescribed by your veterinarian for a variety of conditions including sprains, muscle strain, tendon damage, tendonitis, joint injury, and arthritis, among others.
*In an effort to maintain the appropriate temperature a $5 refrigeration fee is required.
- Bute is an NSAID for pain relief
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian
- Can be prescribed to treat a wide variety of ailments
- Injection form provides a controlled, accurate dosage
- Must be refrigerated
Please consult with your veterinarian for dosing instructions.
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Use only as prescribed by your veterinarian
- Stop use at the first sign of stomach upset, jaundice, or blood dyscrasia
- Tell your veterinarian every other medication your horse is taking
- Not for use in humans