Phenylbutazone is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders in horses. Phenylbutazone helps alleviate pain from most sources, including infection, lameness, and injury.
- Relieves pain due to inflammation, keeping your horse happier.
- Convenient dosing calculator on the medication syringe.
- Paste formulation minimizes medication rejection.
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
- Tasty apple flavoring.
- Dispense paste deep in the horse’s mouth.
- Paste formulation prevents rejection.
- Give 1-2g phenylbutazone for every 500lb of horse weight. Do not give more than 4 grams in a day.
- Each 3mL (marked on the plunger) holds 1g of phenylbutazone.
- Make sure the horse’s mouth is empty prior to administration.
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original script from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet.com can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
• The original prescription may be mailed to: 1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
• A licensed veterinarian may fax the prescription to 615-370-8502. The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office
• A licensed veterinarian can call your prescription into the pharmacy at 615.277.5602. Voicemail is acceptable.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
- Add “Keep out of reach of children”
- Use only as directed by your veterinarian
- Stop use at the first sign of stomach upset, jaundice, or blood dyscrasia
- Tell your veterinarian every other medication your horse is taking
- Not for use in humans