Clindamycin Suspension 75mg/5ml
Clindamycin suspension is an oral antibiotic intended for use in cats and dogs. Clindamycin can be used for skin infections, abscesses, deep wounds, dental infections, and osteomyelitis. Your veterinarian will determine whether Clindamycin suspension will be effective against the specific infection afflicting your animal. Clindamycin requires a prescription.
- Palatable formula for easier dosing than pills.
- Comes with a dropper for accurate oral dosing.
- Also treats Toxoplasmosis.
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
- Do not tilt your animals head backwards.
- Insert dropper into the corner of their mouth, between the cheek and gums, near the back of the mouth.
- Depress dropper to dispense medication.
- Hold the animal’s mouth closed and blow on their nose to encourage swallowing.
- Do not stop administration of Clindamycin before directed. Finish the entire course even if your animal seems to be cured. Stopping early can result in re-infection and antibiotic resistance.
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN
- Do not use in animals with a sensitivity to Clindamycin or Lincomycin.
- Tell your veterinarian of any other medications your animal is on.
- Side effects include diarrhea, vomiting, and possibly bloody stool.
- Clindamycin can be given with food to decrease the possibility of these side effects.
- If these or other side effects occur, contact your veterinarian.
- Overdose of Clindamycin is unlikely.