Hyvisc - 2ml
Hyvisc is a sterile solution of hyaluronate sodium used to treat joint difficulties due to equine osteoarthritis, specifically non-infectious synovitis. When injected, Hyvisc replaces the lubrication of naturally occuring synovial fluid that can be lost via non-infectious synovitis. Hyvisc comes as a prefilled syringe for ease of use and requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
- Prefilled syringe for easy administration
- 22mg total of hyaluronate sodium
- Replaces lost synovial fluid
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian
- Clean the area thoroughly before injecting
- Always give precisely as prescribed by your veterinarian
- Syringe is pre-dosed
- If you have trouble injecting Hyvisc, consult your veterinarian
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
- Keep away from children and pets
- Give only as prescribed
- Do not use if multiple small air bubbles are present in the solution
- Do not give intravascularly
- Ensure your veterinarian knows all other medications your animal is taking