Metacam Injection 5mg/ml
Metacam Solution for Injection is a prescription injection used for pain relief in cats, dogs, and horses. Your veterinarian might prescribe Metacam for pain for a number of illnesses or conditions, the most common of which are arthritis, postoperative pain, or fixing. The injectable is formulated to be as smooth as possible for easy injection with a small needle, to reduce pain. Metacam is the brand name for veterinary injectable meloxicam, which has been used in humans to control similar types of pain for years, so its effects are relatively well-understood.
- Injectable pain relief
- Smooth injection
- Able to use small needles to reduce pain
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
- Use only on direction of your veterinarian
- Dosage will differ depending on the species and size of your animal. Give exactly as your veterinarian prescribes
- Keep out of reach of children
- Tell your veterinarian all other medicines your animal is on
- Pay close attention when administering a medicine for the first time. Allergic reactions are possible
- Do not use in pregnant or lactating mares