Baytril Injectable (Enrofloxacin) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is effective against a wide variety of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Baytril pet meds treat skin infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), and infections in the lungs and gastrointestinal tract.
• Broad-spectrum antibacterial activity against a wide range of infections
• Enrofloxacin antibiotics for pets
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original script from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet.com can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
• The original prescription may be mailed to: 1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
• A licensed veterinarian may fax the prescription to 615-370-8502. The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office
• A licensed veterinarian can call your prescription into the pharmacy at 615.277.5602. Voicemail is acceptable.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
Animals with severe kidney or liver problems may need a reduced dose. Hydration should be monitored and fluid therapy used in animals that tend to become dehydrated.
Enrofloxacin should be used with caution or avoided in animals at risk for seizures.
Used as an oral medication, enrofloxacin can cause mucous membrane irritation, redness, slobbering, and swelling.
Enrofloxacin is not FDA approved for use with horses. It is commonly used and considered accepted practice. It is a prescription drug and U.S. federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the written prescription of a licensed veterinarian.
Enrofloxacin is forbidden in drug-free competitions. It is important to check with the proper regulatory organization.