Ciprofloxacin HCL Ophthalmic Drops 0.3%
Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Drops are a sterile antibiotic solution for the treatment of eye infections in horses, dogs, and cats. Originally used in humans, Ciprofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat a wide range of infections. This sterile solution is safe for use in your animal’s sensitive eyes.
- Treats an array of eye infections in equine, canine, and feline companions.
- Comes with a dropper for ease of dosing.
- Sterile and safe for ophthalmic use.
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
- Use the accompanying dropper to dose.
- Apply drops to the inner corner of the eye (nearest the nose) and let the animal blink the drops across the rest of the eye.
- Do not touch your pet’s eye with the dropper.
- Do not allow the dropper to touch any non-sterile surface, as this could compromise the sterility of the medicine.
- Do not give more than directed and do not skip doses. Finish the entire prescribed course of treatment (to prevent antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection).
- If you miss a dose, give the missed dose as soon as you remember, unless you are near the next scheduled dose. If near the next scheduled dose, do not double dose - just give it once.
Don’t worry if your animal blinks repeatedly after administering ciprofloxacin solution. The blinking will distribute medication across the eye!
- Do not use in animals with a known hypersensitivity to ciprofloxacin or other quinolone antibiotics.
- Safety has not been determined in pregnant or nursing animals.
- Tell your vet if your animal is on any other medications.
- Possible side effects include burning or itching at the application site, crusting, crystals/scales forming, and a bad taste in the mouth afterwards.