This item may qualify for a Merial MAX Rebate! Contact us for more details.
Equioxx (firocoxib) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) proven in field trials to relieve the pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis (OA) in horses. Equioxx is a coxib class NSAID, and the first new NSAID entity in many years to be registered for oral use in horses. In trials, Equioxx tablets have shown to improve the mobility of treated horses.
- Just one convenient, daily dose lasts up to 24 hours
- Only NSAID allowed for use up to 14 days by both the AQHA and USEF
- Proven safety profile when administered at the recommended dose
The recommended dosage of Equioxx Chewable Tablets is one 57 mg chewable tablet administered orally to horses weighing 800-1300 lbs, once daily for up to 14 days.
For ease of administration, tablets may be given with food.
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
Human Warnings: Not for use in humans. Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children. Horses with a hypersensitivity to firocoxib should not use Equioxx.