Previcox is an anti inflammatory for dogs that is used to control the pain associated with arthritis.
Arthritis in dogs cannot be cured, but it can be treated with Previcox® (firocoxib). Previcox is a coxib-class Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug (NSAID) designed specifically to alleviate the pain of arthritis in dogs. Previcox is available only by prescription through your veterinarian.
• Flavored chew makes administering easy
• Can be given on an empty or full stomach
• It is fast-acting... you can see the results quickly
• It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory that reduces pain, inflammation and even fever in the body
A Message to Horse Owners
It is against federal regulations for a veterinarian to prescribe or dispense the product Previcox®, labeled for use only in dogs, for use in horses because there is already a FDA-approved drug for use in horses (Equioxx®). Source: AVMA
Own a horse? Click here to shop for Equioxx®!
Feed 2.27 mg per pound of body weight daily.
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original script from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet.com can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
• The original prescription may be mailed to: 1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
• A licensed veterinarian may fax the prescription to 615-370-8502. The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office
• A licensed veterinarian can call your prescription into the pharmacy at 615.277.5602. Voicemail is acceptable.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.