The SuperMask II from Farnam uses double-latching Velcro to provide twice the security of other leading fly masks, so masks stay on even during horse play. With soft fleece around the ears and nose, SuperMask II protects against rubs in addition to flies and debris. This fly mask does not feature ear covers, which makes it perfect for horses with sensitive ears or head-shyness problems who won’t like having fabric around their ears.
- Protects eyes without obstructing vision
- Keeps out dust and debris during turnout
- Reduces UV exposure
- “Horseproof” double-latch Velcro closures
- Fleece-lined around ears and nose for comfort
- Open-ear design perfect for horses with sensitive ears
- Can help speed up healing in eye injuries
Farnam suggests removing the mask daily to check the horse’s face and eyes, as well as rinsing the mask and checking the fleece trim for foreign objects weekly.
If your horse needs to wear a fly mask but has a habit of "losing" it out in the field, you can keep a halter on over the mask while they're turned out to provide extra security! Just be sure to use a breakaway-style halter and check for rubs regularly!