Tri-Heart Plus Chewable Tablets
Tri-Heart Plus Chewable Tablets by Merck is an oral medication used to help prevent heartworms in dogs. Tri-Heart Plus contains the same ingredients (ivermectin and pyrantel) as the leading heartworm brands, but for a lower price. It’s tasty, too - over ninety percent of dogs like the taste. Tri-Heart Plus is available in three different sizes so you can get the appropriate dose for your individual dog.
- Same active ingredients as Heartgard Plus: Ivermectin and Pyrantel
- Over ninety percent of dogs like the taste
- Easy to give
- Monthly tablets provide protection against heartworms
Most dogs like the taste of Tri-Heart Plus and will accept the chewable tablet as a treat. The chewable should be administered in a manner that encourages the dog to chew, rather than to swallow without chewing. Tri-Heart Plus Chewables may be broken into pieces and fed to dogs that normally swallow treats whole. Care should be taken that the dog consumes the complete dose, and treated animals should be observed for a few minutes after administration to ensure that part of the dose is not lost or rejected. If not entirely consumed, give another full recommended dose as soon as possible.
- Your dog should be tested for an active heartworm infestation before beginning Tri-Heart Plus
- Tri-Heart Plus has been shown to be generally safe in pregnant dogs and puppies older than six weeks of age
- Always ensure your veterinarian knows all the other medications your dog is taking
- Keep away from children and pets