This item may qualify for a Merial MAX Rebate! Contact us for more details.
Equioxx (firocoxib) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) proven in field trials to relieve the pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis (OA) in horses. Equioxx is a coxib class NSAID, and the first new NSAID entity in many years to be registered for oral use in horses. In trials, Equioxx is shown to improve the mobility of treated horses.
Equioxx paste helps relieve the pain caused by inflammation from osteoarthritis.
- Relieves pain due to inflammation, helping to keep your horse happy.
- Convenient dosage mechanism on the tube allows for accurate dosing based on the weight of your horse.
- Paste formulation minimizes medication rejection.
- Also available in chewable tablets.
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian.
- Dispense paste deep in the horse’s mouth.
- Paste formulation prevents rejection.
- Slide dial to notch matching your horse’s weight (each notch is approximately fifty pounds), rounding up. Depress plunger to dispense medication.
- Once a day for no more than fourteen days.
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
- Exclusively for equine oral use.
- Cease use and consult a veterinarian if your horse – loses appetite, becomes colicky, has abnormal stool, or becomes lethargic.
- Horses who have adverse reactions to other NSAIDS could also have an adverse reaction to Equioxx.
- Do not use for more than fourteen consecutive days.
Ratings & Reviews
Just like Previcox
I was a little disappointed when we heard that we could no longer get Previcox for horses but really the Equioxx is the same exact thing. The paste works really well for my mare!