Osphos (60mg/ml - 15ml) for horses is a sterile injectable solution used to treat the symptoms of navicular syndrome. Osphos is a 15ml vial of 60mg/ml clodronate sodium intended for use in horses four years and older. While navicular syndrome can be difficult to treat, if radiographs show bony changes your veterinarian may prescribe Osphos to help your horse.
- 60mg/ml, vials of 15ml each
- Helps treat the symptoms of navicular syndrome
- One vial sufficient for most treatments
- Significant improvement in 74.7% of horses fifty-six days after treatment
- Mild colic is a potential side-effect
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Use only as prescribed by your veterinarian
- Ensure your veterinarian knows all other medications your horse is prescribed
- Clean the injection site thoroughly prior to administration
- Osphos is typically injected in three separate areas - the pectoral muscles, center of the lower neck, and the gluteal muscles
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.