Heartgard Plus from Boehringer Ingelheim is a preventative medication to help reduce the risk of heartworm disease in dogs. Heartworm disease is transmitted by mosquito bites and can be quite expensive to treat. This monthly treatment is easy to give, as most dogs will simply eat the medication from their owner’s hand.
- Prevents heartworms in dogs
- Easy to give and happily taken
- Most frequently recommended heartworm medication
Up to 25 lbs: 1 Chewable (Blue)
26 - 50 lbs: 1 Chewable (Green)
51 - 100 lbs: 1 Chewable (Brown)
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
- Store between 68 - 77 degrees
- Recommended for dogs 6 weeks and older
- Do not exceed recommended dosage