This item may qualify for a MAX Rebate! Contact us for more details.
Legend (hyaluronate sodium) from Boehringer Ingelheim is a sterile injectable solution used to treat inflammation in your horse's joint lining. Legend is pure hyaluronic acid, similar to the hyaluronic acid present in natural joint fluid. Legend is used to treat joint dysfunction of the fetlock in horses due to non-infectious synovitis associated with equine osteoarthritis.
- Assists in the treatment of joint dysfunction in horses
- Helps reduce the inflammation of the lining within the joint capsule
- Injectable form to be utilized quickly in the horse's body
- Requires a prescription from your veterinarian
- Can see results after one injection, but up to three treatments may be given, usually one week apart
- A typical dose would be 4mL intravenously every week for up to three treatments
- Clean injection site thoroughly before injecting
- If you have trouble injecting Legend, consult your veterinarian
Prescription drugs can only be shipped upon receipt of an original prescription from a licensed veterinarian. FarmVet can accept an original prescription in one of the following ways:
- The original prescription may be mailed to:
1254 Old Hillsboro Rd, Franklin,TN 37069
- A licensed veterinarian may fax the Rx to 615-370-8502.
The fax must originate from the veterinarian's office.
- A licensed veterinarian can call & leave a voicemail with your prescription information with our pharmacy at 615-277-5602.
Prescriptions are refillable, if indicated by your vet, for up to one year from the original date. At the end of one year, prescriptions must be updated. Written prescriptions must include the veterinarian's license number, telephone number, and address. Federal law restricts the use of Rx drugs to use by, or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Prescription drug forms are available upon request.
- Be very careful when administering Legend - all injections must be sterile
- Potential side effects include lethargy, fever, and occasional depression
- As with all medication, unknown side effects are possible. Report any adverse reactions to your veterinarian immediately
Ratings & Reviews
Love it. Very good stuff